UK Actors Tweetup Terms and Conditions 2015
Entry Requirements 2015
- Our original deadline for entries was 18:00hrs (GMT) on Sept 30th 2015. The competition is open to United Kingdom entrants only. Our new extended deadline is 10th Oct 2015 at 18:00 (GMT).
- We do not accept postal entries. All films must be submitted online with a Vimeo, YouTube, Dropbox or website link. Passwords can be included if the film is not available to the general public. Only films submitted online will be accepted.
- The duration of your film must not exceed 12 minutes 0 seconds including titles and credits.
- The UK Actors Tweetup will consider entries in the following categories for inclusion: animation, documentary, experimental, sci-fi, action, fantasy, drama, comedy, horror or thriller.
- Any film that is a brand film or advertisement cannot be accepted. This is at the UK Actors Tweetup discretion as to what is deemed as advertising.
- We are only accepting one entry per person for this year’s festival. If you wish to submit a second entry this will need to be submitted by another UK Actors Tweetup member.
- Only films completed since September 30th 2013 may be submitted.
- If the original language is not English, please ensure that the film includes English subtitles. If a foreign language film is submitted without English subtitles it will not be considered for selection.
- If your film is shortlisted, you will be asked to send in an exhibition copy of the film in a high/full resolution. Specific details of the format we’ll need for screening and where to send it will be discussed with the team of the successful films nearer the event date (in accordance with the Screening and Selection criteria below). The short listed team who submitted their short film will be responsible for making sure the exhibtion file is sent to the Tweetup team within the specified timeline for it to be judged and screened at the live event.
- Please note that only the director(s) will be credited on the website and any other promotional material. In the case of shortlisted and/or winning co-directors, multiple prizes may be granted at the discretion of the organisers.
- This competition is open to UK Actors Tweetup members only. You can become a member by signing up here. At least one key member of the team (i.e Director, Producer, DOP, Editor etc) must be able to attend the event in November in central London (date and venue tbc).
- The primary contact completing the submission process must be authorised to submit the film and must have obtained necessary permissions for the inclusion of copyrighted music and/or images within the films.
- As per the entry form, the person submitting the film must be involved as cast, crew or something else on the official credits in order for the short film to be eligible for this competition.
- You must have a version of the short available to download in a higher resolution version if you are successful and chosen to be screened at the UK Actors Tweetup Film Premier. Information will be provided and sent to you prior to this date. The email address for sending all high res versions is email@example.com If you are selected for the short list and cannot provide this downloadable version your entry will be voided.
- The UK Actors Tweetup team’s decision is non negotiable and final.
SCREENING AND SELECTION:
- A downloadable file delivery is the requirement. Preference is hi resolution Prores Quicktime. Tapes, DVD and Bluray are not acceptable forms of submission if your film is selected as a finalist. Films that are low res files or tape masters will not be considered either. If you are unable to meet these requirements your film will no longer be selected as a finalist.
- Your entry into the Tweetup festival gives us permission to use up to 30 seconds of your film to promote the festival this year, with an option to also include in next year’s festival (in a trailer, clip of the film on programme of festival website and so on).
- You must have at least one hi res defining image or you give us permission to lift one from the hi def master at the Tweetup festival’s discretion if one is not provided, again for promotional and programme use by the festival.
- A picture and short biog of the Tweetup member submitting will also assist us in promoting your short film, along with the festival, and to encourage networking. If you are unable to provide these the Tweetup festival will use information available online to include on the website, for festival programming and promotional purposes.
Terms and Conditions are copyright 2015 to UK Actors Tweetup Ltd